Our Orlando chiropractor knows that injuring your lower back can be debilitating. The lower back is involved in the most movement, which means that it cannot just be immobilized unless you want to lie flat in bed all the time. Luckily, stretches and exercises for lower back pain can help many people get pain relief. Our chiropractor in Celebration can diagnose your lower back pain and teach you appropriate corrective exercises for lower back pain to help you feel better quickly.
Stretches for Lower Back Pain
Research indicates that stretches for lower back pain can release pressure on your spine and increase momentum to the rest of your body. The key is taking it slow, doing only what your body will allow, and trying to relax into the stretches. Below is a list of various stretches recommended to relieve lower back pain:
- Child’s Pose: This yoga move starts with you on hands and knees. Keeping your hands flat on the ground, move your hips back onto your feet. Your bottom should be on your feet, with your hands and head on the ground.
- Cat Stretch: Again, start on your hands and knees. This time, gently round your back upward while letting your head fall down. Hold this stretch for 5 seconds, and then lift your head and arch your back the other way. Hold this for 5 seconds as well.
- Lower Back Twist: Begin this stretch by lying on the ground on your back, with your arms straight out to the sides. Bend your knees, keeping your feet flat on the floor. While keeping your shoulders flat on the ground, roll both legs to the side.
- Knee-to-Chest: Begin this stretch in the same position as the lower back twist. Then pull your knees up toward your chest and hug them towards you with your arms.
- Pelvic Tilt: For this stretch, lie flat on your back with your knees bent and your arms at your sides. Using your core muscles, tilt your pelvis up until your lower back touches the ground, and hold.
Contact Our Kissimmee Chiropractor Today
If you have lower back pain, our Kissimmee chiropractor can help. Call our Kissimmee and Orlando chiropractor at (407) 507-6976 today. Orlando Chiropractic was the 2016 winner of the Spectrum Award for excellence in customer satisfaction, and our Kissimmee chiropractor in Celebration would love to help you, too.